Description of teaching
Søgu- og samfelagsdeildin (Faculty of History and Social Science) = SSD, Deildin fyri Heilsu- og Sjúkrarøktarvísindi (Faculty of Healt and Nursingscience) = HSV, Føroyamálsdeildin (Faculty of Faroese Language) = FMD, Náttúruvísindadeildin (Faculty of Natural Science) = NVD)
- SSD: Føroysk vinnusøga eftir kríggið (Faroese industrial history since the Second World War – master) – oral external exam.
- SSD: Føroysk nýtíðarsøga (Modern Faroese History): 40 hours – oral exam.
- SSD: Søguvísindaligt háttalag (Historical Method): 40 hours – supervising, written exercise and oral exam.
- SSD: Grundskeið í vísindaástøði (Course in Scientific Theory): 40 hours – supervising and exam of written theses.
- SSD: Føroysk nýtíðarsøga (Modern Faroese History): 40 hours – oral exam.
- SSD: Lecture at a master course on 15th September 2016 – Diskursur og søgugransking (Discourse and historical research).
- SSD: Lecture at a bachelor course on 29th September 2016 – Føroyskur religiøstitetur (Faroese religion)
- SSD: Føroysk nýtíðarsøga (Modern Faroese History): 40 hours – oral exam.
- HSV: Átrúnaður og samfelag (Religion and society): 12 hours – master course.
- SSD: Examiner in Vísindaástøði og metodu (Course in Scientific Theory and Method) in february, 52 written exercises.
- FMD: Examiner in Vísindaástøði (Scientific Theory), 12 written exercises.
- SSD: Examiner in Metoduskeiðið á Masterlæruni (Methodology Course on master), three written exercises.
- SSD: Supervised two master theses, two bachelor theses and three groups on the courses Ritgerð I (Exersise) and Ritgerð II (Exersise II)
- SSD: Søguvísindalig háttaløg (Historical Method): 40 hours – written exercise and oral exam.
- SSD: Examiner in Grundskeið í vísindaástøði (Scientific Theory), 30 written exersises.
- SSD: Føroysk nýtíðarsøga (Modern Faroese History): 40 hours – oral exam.
- SSD: Examiner in Grundskeið í vísindaástøði (Scientific Theory), 25 written exersises.
- FMD: Examiner in Vísindaástøði (Scientific Theory), 12 written exersises.
- SSD: Søguvísindalig háttaløg (Historical Method): 56 hours – written exercise and oral exam.
- SSD: Mannarættindi, religion og politikkur (Human rigths, religion and politics), 6 hours about the origin of Christianity.
- SSD: Masterlæran (Master learning programme), 6 hours in hermeneutics and discourse theory.
- FMD: Altjóða summarskeið (International summercourse), 2 hours about Faroese history.
Description of research
The first project I became part of was connected to the 150 years anniversary of the Faroese Parliament in 2002. My part in the three-volume work was to write the first volume about the history of the Faroese Parliament. The volume would focus on the period of the reconstituted Faroese Parliament from 1852, while a less extensive part would focus on the ancient Faroese Parliament before 1816. Further, I wrote an article in the second volume. The work was organized by a committee with historians and other experts elected by the chair of the Faroese Parliament and the manuscript was eventually also reviewed by a Faroese expert in political history before it was published in 2002.
In 2007, I became part of an editorial team of non-professionals and professional experts elected by the Municipality of Klaksvík. The goal of the project was to write the history of the municipality of Klaksvík. I constructed a plan for the work - three volumes - and it was decided that I should write the text while the other persons in the editorial team should read the text and support me. The paln was that the first volume should be about the preiod before 1856, the second would be about the period 1865-1940, ond the third volume will be abuut the more recent historical period after the Second World War.
Since 2007, I have worked on a project about the modern political history of the Faroe Islands. This project has resulted in several articles and books about the political history of the Faroe Islands. It has led me to extensive archival research in the Faroe Islands and Denmark. The focus of the project has been the period from 1906 to 1925, when the secessionist movement in the Faroe Islands emerged. The main result has been a nearly 500 pages book (2014) about the political development towards a secessionist movement in the period, but other research articles will be published. A part of this project was to write and publish a book about historical method with mainly Faroese source material.
In the period 2005-2013, I simultaneously worked on a project about the biblical texts and ancient Christianity. The focus was on a source critical reading of the texts. This project has so far resulted in two books and a scientific article published in the period 2007 and 2013. Further, I have written several articles in the newspapers about the subject.
In 2015, I became part of a project led by Gestur Hovgaard about the transformation of the Faroese society in the 19th century. The Faroese Research Council mainly financed the project. The project is to be finished in 2018, several articles are published, but the intention is to continue and write a comprehensive book about the period.
- Færøernes historie og forholdet til Danmark (History of the Faroe Island and the relation to Denmark) - to be published i 2020 by Aarhus University Press (book)
- Klaksvíkar søga. Vol 3. Frá 1940 til 2015 (The History of Klaksvík. Vol. 3. From 1940 to 2015) – published by Sprotin in 2019-20 (book).
- With Gestur Hovgaard, Erling Isholm and Rolf Guttesen: Føroyar í 1800-talinum (Faroe Islands in the 19th Century) - project partly financed by the Faroese Research Council – ongoing until 2018/2019.
- Frá sjálvstýri móti loysing, the history of the Faroese secession movement in the first half of the 20th century
- A book about historical methotology with Faroese material to use in teaching in historical method
- The History of the Faroese Parliament.
- History of the Faroe Islands and the relations to Denmark (2018-2020)
- The history of the Municipality of Klaksvík. Two first volumes are published and the third is in progress
- The Faroe Islands in the 19th century (2015-2018)
- The history of the Faroese Parliament (three volumes published i 2002-2003)
- The history of the Municipality of Klaksvík
- The Faroe Islands in the 19th century (2018)
- The book about historical method is published (2013).
- The history of the faroese Parliament (2003)
Hans Andrias Sølvará, b. 1962,
Heygskrókur 13 B, 100 Tórshavn,
tel. 320636 and 292583
Married, two children
- Ph.d. in Modern Faroese Political History from the University of the Faroe Islands 19th February 2016
- Educational diploma: theoretical part in 1999/2000 from the Faroese Ministry of Education and the practical part at the Upper Secondary School (Grammar School) in Slagelse, Denmark, autumn 2000
- Candidatus magisterium in History and Philosophy 1994. Dissertation: Historien og historik erkendelse i Michel Foucault’s arkæologiske og genealogiske analyser (History and historical knowledge in the archaelogical and genaelogical analyses of Michel Foucault)
- Subsidiary subject in philosophy from the University of Aarhus 1994
- Candidatus philosophiae in History from the University of Aarhus 1992
- Bachelor in History from the University of the Faroe Islands 1990
- HF (Upper Secondary School) from Klaksvíkar HF-course 1982
- Dean at the Faculty of History and Social Science, University of the Faroe Islands, from March 2016-
- Programme Director in History at the Department of History and Social Science 2013-2017
- Since 2012 I have represented the Faroese University in the Academic Board in a common project between five universities, University of the Faroe Islands, University of Greenland, University of Bodø, University of Iceland and University of Akureyri) to develop a Master Programme in West Nordic Studies, which startet in autumn 2015
- Head of Department (History and Social Science, University of the Faroe Islands) in 2012-2013
- Dean at the Department of History and Social Science, University of the Faroe Islands, in 2010-2012
- Associate Professor in History at the Department of History and Social Science, University of the Faroe Islands, desember 2010
- Assistant Professor in History at the Department of History and Social Science, the University of the Faroe Islands, november 2009
- Project employed to write 3 books about the history of the Faroese Municipality of Klaksvík from august 2007- july 2010 – prolonged in 2008 to 2011, and in 2009, when I was employed as an Assistant Professor at the Faroese University, postponed for a while and delayed further
- Part-time teacher and external examiner at the University of the Faroe Islands 1998-2009
- Part-time teacher at the Upper Secondary School in Hoydølum, Faroe Islands, 1997-2001 and 2003-2004
- Teacher at the Upper Secondary School in Kambsdali, Faroe Islands, January 1996 - juli 2007 (on leave from august 2007-november 2009)
- PhD opponent in committees at Danish Universities
- Internal member or chair in several committees at the Faroese University.
- External adviser at the Faroese Ministry of Culture Educational theory and practice program for Upper Secondary School teachers since 2015
- Javnlíkameti (peer review) occacionally articles sent to Fróðskaparrit
- In Ritstjórnini (Editorial team) of hjá Fróðskaparrit (Faroese Scientific Journal) since 2015
- Member of the Samstarvsnevndin (The Cooperation Board) at the Faroese University since 2011 representing the leadership
- Member of a Committee, Frændafundin/Íslandsnevndin (Faroese-Icelandic university collaboration) – from March 2014 to August 2018 Chairperson of the Committee
- Member of the PR-group at the Faroese University 2011-2013
- Member of strategy workgroups at the Faculty of History and Social Science and The Faroese University since 2009
- Member in the strategyworkgroup Átrúnaður og Lívsáskoðan (Religion and Philosophy of life) in KVF (The National Faroese Television and Broadcasting Company) autumn 2008
- Worked with Námsætlanararbeiði (Curiculum) for the Upper Secondary School area in philosophy in 2008/09
- Head of the teacher’s council at Studentaskúlanum á Kambsdali (Upper Secondary School in Kambsdal) 2006/07
- Board member in Yrkisfelag Studentaskúla og HF lærara (The Faroese Union for Teachers at the Upper Secondary Schools) 1998- , Vice chair 2001-2005, Chair 2005-2009
- Member of newspaper- and other workgroups in Føroyingafelagnum in Århus 1993-96
- Board member in Føroyingafelagnum (The Faroese Association) in Århus 1991-93
- Student Board Member for Historisk Institut (The Department of History, University of Aarhus) in Center for Nordatlantiske Studier (Center for North Atlantic Studies) Aarhus Universitet 1991-94
- Faroese Research Council in 2015-2018
- Municipality of Klaksvík in 2007-2009
- Research gift from Vísindagrunni Føroya Sparikassa in 2002
SELECTED NEWSPAPER ARTICLES, COMMENTS AND DISCUSSIONS:
- Politikkur er at vilja, men vilja politikarar tað rætta ella vilja teir bert valdið? (Politics is to will, but do politicians will the right thing or do they only will the power?) – in Dimmalætting 25th, November 2016. http://portal.fo/vitja.php?vitja=http://dimma.fo/basic-content/hans-andrias-kronik/
- Blokkpolitikkur ella sjokkpolitikkur (Blokpolitics or shockpolitics) – in Dimmalætting 21st August 2015
- Johan Petersen, sambandsfólk og søgubøkur (Johan Petersen, unionists and historybooks) – article in May 2010 in the Faroese newspapers Dimmalætting and Sosialinum
- Tá sannleikan noyðist at víkja fyri persónligari trúgv (When truth must surrender to personal belief) – discussion with Victor á Lakjuni, at the Norðlýsið webpage 29th April 2009. https://nordlysid.fo/tidindi/14551/ta-sannleikan-noydist-at-vikja-fyri-personligari-trugv
- Sjálvdan man nakar hava skrivað so nógv og skilt so lítið (Only few have written so much and understood so little) - discussion with Victor á Lakjuni, at the Norlýsið webpage 14th April 2009. https://nordlysid.fo/tidindi/14454/sjalvdan-man-nakar-hava-skrivad-so-nogv-og-skilt-so-litid
- Hvør eigur vísindini (Who owns the science?) – in Dimmalætting 3rd March 2009
- Bíbliukjakið í Miðlahúsinum - viðmerkingar til Arnstein Niclassen 1 og 2 (The Discussion about the Bible in the Mediahouse – comments to Arnstein Niclasen, 1 and 2) – in Sosialurin and Dimmalætting February 2009
- Jesus – Jødi, uppreistrarmaður, Gud? (Jesus – Jew, Rebel, God?) – review in Sosialurin 1st September 2008
- Kristindómur - kvinnur skulu tiga og føða børn (Christianity - woman must be quiet and have children) – Feature article (Tinghella) in Sosialinum 10th Desember 2007
- Eftirskúlin í Hvalba og miðnámsútbúgvingar (The Continuation School in Hvalba and the Upper Secondary educations) – in Eftirskúlin, No. 2, August 2007
- Bíblian staðfest í smálutum (The Bible confirmed in detail) – in Dimmalætting 15th March 2007
- Richard S. Hess og The Bible Unearthed - nakrar viðmerkingar (Richard S. Hess and The Bible Unearthed – some comments) – in Dimmalætting 27th February 2007
- Útbúgvingarvisjón landsstýrisins 2015 - visjón ella hvørvisjón? (The government’s 2015 vision for education – vision or illusion.) in Dimmalætting 6th September 2005
- GG: If nothing els is noticed the texts are published in the Faroese Newspaper Dimmalætting
PARTICIPATIONS IN RADIO- AND TELEVISION PROGRAMMES (SELECTION):
- Participated 19. February 2019 in the radioprogramme NÓN about Iran 40 years after the revolution - host Gunnar Nolsøe. http://kvf.fo/non?sid=91413
- Participated 25th October 2018 in the radioprogramme Radarin about secession- and nationalmovements – host Rógvi Ólavson. http://kvf.fo/radarin?sid=86829
- Participated with Erling Isholm 16th October 2018 in the radioprogramme NÓN about Iceland in connection to the 100 years anniversiary of Icelandc sovereignty – host Ingi Rasmussen. http://kvf.fo/non?sid=86521
- Participated 18th September 2018 in the radioprogramme NÓN about the economic and political crises in the Faroe Islands in the 1990ies – host Gunnar Nolsøe. http://kvf.fo/non?sid=85506
- Participated 15th May 2018 in the radioprogramme NÓN about the 70 years anniversary of the state of Israel – host Gunnar Nolsøe. http://kvf.fo/non?sid=80918
- Participated 5th May 2018 in the radioprogramme NÓN about excavations and ancient settlements in the Faroese city of Klaksvík – host Kári Sólstein. http://kvf.fo/vitan?sid=80547
- Participated 27th March 2018 in the radioprogramme NÓN about the 70 years anniversary of the Home Rule Law of 1948 – host Gunnar Nolsøe. http://kvf.fo/non?sid=79206
- Participated 7th March 2018 (together with Sigri Gaini and Ove Brim) in the radioprogramme Radarin in a discussion abour religion and the Faroese Constitution – host Rógvi Ólavson. http://kvf.fo/greinar/2018/03/08/radarin-markamotinum-millum-politikk-og-atrunad
- Participated 6th March 2018 (together with Jákup Reinert Hansen and Rúna Rasmussen) in a Kjakið (Discussion) in the Faroese Television about religious differences related to geography in the Faroe Islands – host Uni Holm Johannesen. http://kvf.fo/greinar/2018/03/08/kjak-nord-og-eysturoyingar-odrvisi-truarstodu
- Participated 24th October 2017 in the radioprogramme NÓN about the October revolution in 1917. http://kvf.fo/non?sid=73568
- Participated in the televisionprogramme Kendir føroyingar: Kjølbro (Famous Faroese: Kjølbro) –October 12th, 2017. Produced by Ivan Niclasen. http://kvf.fo/dokumentarurin?sid=73163
- Conversation in the radioprogramme Morgunsendingin (The Morningprogramme) about the the economic crises in the Faroe Islands in the early 1990s – October 6th, 2017. Host, Rebekka Manuela Behrens
- Conversation in the radioprogramme Morgunsendingin (The Morningprogramme) about my lecture Tann føroyska lagnustundin í Kiel í 1814 (The Faroese moment of destiny in Kiel in 1814) – September 27th, 2017. Host Rebekka Manuela Behrens. http://kvf.fo/gmf?sid=72653
- Fólksins lóg - hví stjórnarskipan (2) – a conversation with Rógva Ólavson in a Faroese radioprogramm about a Faroese Constitution 22nd August 2017. http://kvf.fo/radarin?sid=67761
- A conversation with Rógva Ólavson about a public discussion regarding the relevance of the Televisionprogramme Ást fjalir lýtið (Love conceals little/Fault – playing on the double meaning of the Faroese word lýtið in relation to how the word is pronounced) in Degi & Viku (Faroese Television News) 4th May 2017. http://kvf.fo/dokumentarurin?sid=67812
- Participated in the Faroese radioprogramme Fyrsti og einasti amtmaðurin í Føroyum, 1-2 (The first and only Faroese Governor in the Faroe Islands), produced by Hans Egholm, and sent in KVF (Faroese state radio- and television company)13th and 14th April 2017:
- First part: http://kvf.fo/sending/stakar-sendingar?sid=67135
- Second part: http://kvf.fo/sending/stakar-sendingar?sid=67136
- Participated in the Faroese radioprogramme Radarin (The Radar) organized by Brynhild Thomsen 3rd May 2017 about the proposed referendum about a Faroese constitution 25th April 2018. http://kvf.fo/radarin?sid=67761
- Participated in the Faroese televisionprogramme Her er dagur og dimmið er av (It is day and the dawn is breaking) 14th September 2016 about the Faroese referendum in 1946. http://kvf.fo/dokumentarurin?sid=59251
- Participated in the Faroese radioprogramme Summarmorgun (Sommermorning) 3rd August 2016 about the Faroese Flag
- Participated in the Faroese televisionprogramme Patursson (about the Faroese nationalist and later separatist politician Jóannes Patursson – 1866-1946) sent by KVF 5th May 2016. http://kvf.fo/dokumentarurin?sid=55003
- Participated in the Faroese televisionprogramme O, Móðurmál, 1-3 (Oh Mother Tongue), 1-3, about the rise of the Faroese language, produced by Suna Merkistein, and sent by KVF 27th March and 3rd and 10th April 2016:
- First part: http://kvf.fo/dokumentarurin?sid=53613
- Second part: http://kvf.fo/dokumentarurin?sid=53612
- Third part: http://kvf.fo/dokumentarurin?sid=54040
- Participated in a discussion/talk in KVF (Faroese television) 25th February and 10th March 2016 about the Danish televisionprogramms Rigsfællesskabets historie (History of the statcommunity between Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands):
- Participated in the Danish televisionprogramme Rigsfællesskabets historie, (History of the statcommunity between Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands) sent by DR (Danish Television) and KVF in February and March 2016
- Participated in the televisionprogramme Av hinum slagnum, (Of a different kind - about Faroese Homosexuals) sent by KVF 1st and 8th October 2015. http://kvf.fo/dokumentarurin?sid=47324
- Participated in the election programme in the television at the election-day to the Danish Parliament 18th June 2015, where I discussed the Faroese representation.
- Presentation about the Faroese representation in the Danish Parliament for members of Samfelagnum (The Faroese Association for Social Scientists) 18th June 2015
- In Kjakinum (The Discussion) in the Faroese Television after Dagur og Vika (The Television News) 2nd June 2015 with Jóanes N. Dalsgaard discussing the Faroese representation in the Danish Parliament. http://kvf.fo/dv?sid=42163
- Fyrra heimskríggj (The First World War) – main guest in three radioprogramms in KVF about The First World War in Faroese and international context, 16th, 18th and 25th April 2014 – host Gunnar Nolsøe:
- First part: http://kvf.fo/netvarp/uv/2014/04/16/100-r-sani-fyrri-heimsbardagi-brast
- Second part: http://kvf.fo/netvarp/uv/2014/04/18/100-r-sani-fyrri-heimsbardagi-brast
- Third part: http://kvf.fo/netvarp/uv/2014/04/24/100-r-sani-fyrri-heimsbardagi-brast
- Participated in the Faroese televisionprogramme Sjá tú Blánar about the Faroese Flag 25th April 2013. https://kvf.fo/dokumentarurin?page=4&sid=16309
- In the Faroese Radio News 3rd August 2013 about an ongoing Faroese fishery conflict with the European Union and the consequences for the relations between Denmark and the Faroe Islands
- In the radioprogramme Radarin (The Radar) in KVF 30th October 2013 about a disputed Danish televisionprogramme -Fraflytningen fra Færøerne (Faroese Brain-Drain). http://kvf.fo/summarmorgun?sid=57939
- Participated with Elin Súsanna Jacobsen in the radioprogramme 20 ár við høgligari rúsdrekkaskipan (20 years with a moderate alcohol legislation) November 2nd 2012. http://kvf.fo/netvarp/uv/2012/11/02/20-r-vi-hgligari-rsdrekkaskipan
- Main guest in three radioprogrammes in KVF about Læknastríðið (The Doctor-conflict in Klaksvík in the 1950´ies) – 25th, 26th and 29th Desember 2012 – host Solby Kristiansdóttir:
- First part:http://kvf.fo/netvarp/uv/2012/12/25/lknastri-fyrsti-partur
- Second part:http://kvf.fo/netvarp/uv/2012/12/27/lknastri-annar-partur
- Third part:http://kvf.fo/netvarp/uv/2012/12/29/lknastri-trii-partur
- In the radioprogramme Sjónarhornið (The Perspective) in KVF - with Høgna Jóhannesen about my book Tey fyrstu jólini (The First Christmas) 12th Desember 2012 – host Grækaris D. Magnussen
- In the radioprogramme Vitan (Knowledge) in KVF about Brøðrasamkomuna (The Faroese Plymmouth Brethren) - with Tórður Jóansson 11th October 2012 – host Kári Sólstein. http://kvf.fo/vitan?sid=7938
- In the radioprogramme Vitan (Knowledge) in KVF 27th November 2011 about valskipanir (electoral systems) in the Faroe Islands – with Jóannes Hansen – host Kári Sólstein. http://kvf.fo/vitan?sid=30387
- In the radioprogramme Vitan (Knowledge) in KVF 2011 – about broytingar í fólkatalinum og búsetingarmynstrinum í Føroyum (changes in the population and settlements in the Faroe Islands in historical context) – host Gunnar Nolsøe
- Tey fyrstu jólini og jólaevangeliið (The First Christmas and the gospel for Christmas Day) – radioprogramme 22nd Desember 2011 in KVF about the First Biblical Christmas – with Poul Guttesen – host Kári Sólstein. http://kvf.fo/vitan?sid=30458
- In the televisionprogramme Reflektión (Reflection) in KVF 30th March 2010 discussing the Christian Easter – with Theodor Olsen and Armagarð Arge – host Heini í Skorini
- Participated in the programme Darwin og menningarlæran (Darwin and the theory of evolution) in the radio programme Vitan (Knowledge) 26th Nevember 2009. http://kvf.fo/vitan?sid=30390
- Kjaksending um Bíbliuna millum Símun Absalonsen og Hans Andrias Sølvará (Radioprogramme where Símun Absalonsen and Hans Andrias Sølvará discuss the Bible) – Heimabeiti (Infield Pasture) in KVF 4th April 2007 – host Steintór Rasmussen
CONVERSATIONS AND MENTION IN THE MEDIA:
- Sessirnir knýta Føroyar og Danmark saman (The Faroese members of the Danish Parliament connect the Faroe Islands and Denmark) - a conversation with Hallur av Rana, published in the Faroese Newspaper Sosialurin 15th February 2019.
- Læknastríðið hevur verið tabu (The Doctor-conflict has been tabu) – a conversation with Hallur av Rana, published as a frontpage story in the Faroese newspaper Socialurin November 15th 2017.
- Fólkaatkvøða spøkir í stjórnarskipanini (Referendum haunts in the constitution) – conversation with Hallur av Rana in Sosialurin 11th August 2017
- Tey fyrstu jólini. Ein søgukritisk viðgerð av føðisøgu Jesusar – review of my book (The First Christmas, Faroese University Press, 2012) by Rolf Guttesen in Sosialurin 25th January 2013
- Tann argumenterandi pennurin (The arguing pen) – conversation with Una Holm Johannesen in Sosialurin 14th Desember 2012
- Eitt tolsamt samfelag. Hvat er tað? (A tolerant society. What is that?) – a conversation with Una Holm Johannesen in Sosialurin 5th October 2012
- Ofta verður valdsgirnd fjald handan orð um Guð (The desire for power is often concealed behind words about God) – conversation with Una Arge in Sosialurin13th August 2010. Republished in Arge, Uni: Framtíðin kallar (The Future is calling), Sprotin, Vestmanna 2011, s. 95-101
- Skrivaða orðið er ein av fortreytunum fyri livandi kjaki (The written word is one of the preconditions for a living discussion) – conversation with Turið Thomsen in Dimmalætting 3rd April 2008
- Eitt bragd (A dodge). Short review of my book Guds orð ella orð um Gud (The Word of God or Words about God) by the Faroese author Steinbjørn B. Jacobsen in Dimmalætting Desember 31th 2007
- Aftur um gudfrøðiligu dagsskránna í Bíbliuni (Behind the theological agenda in the Bible) – conversation with Jan Lamhauge in Sosialurin 23rd November 2007
- Tingmenn misnýta bæði Gud og løgting (Faroese parlamentarians misuse both God and the Parliament) – conversation with Heina í Skorini in Sosialurin 24th -26th November 2006
- Certified Turism Ambassador of the Faroe Islands for three years from 16th March 2016 by Visit Faroe Islands. https://visitfaroeislands.com/meetings/our-services/ambassadors-faroe-islands/ambassadorlistin/
- Speech for Jóan Paula Joensen, now Professor Emeritus, at the Faroese University on 29th January 2016 regarding his retreat from the service at the university
- Klaksvíkar søga – text written to the homepage of the Municipality of Klaksvík in 2007, edited in 2014. https://klaksvik.fo/upload/tinymce/03c964e69cbba0c25bf07010f7e4911681b2ec46.pdf
- Organized on 30th October 2014 together with Bárður Larsen and Jákup Reinert Hansen a public lecture by the visiting Oxford Professor John Lennox and a panel debate/discussion/questions.
- Participated in a discussion at Vinnudegnum (The Day of Industry) in Norðurlandahúsinum (The Nordic House in Tórshavn) on 1st October 2010. The headline was Skulu vit halda fram at mala í ring? – kjak um Føroyar í dag (Are we going to continue to circle - discussion about the Faroese Society today) - with Pól Huus Sólstein and Súsanna Danielsen, chairpersons were Uni Arge and Brynhyld Thomsen. http://www.industry.fo/ti%C3%B0indi?M=News&PID=11933&NewsID=430
- Participated in a discussion about the credibility of the Bible with the priest Bergur Debes Joensen – panel debate in the Miðlahúsið (Mediahouse) in Tórshavn 12th January 2009 organized by a congregation (Meinigheitshúsið) in Tórshavn
- Received the Ársins Kjakvirðisløn (the Annual Discussion Mark of Hounor) in 2008 (Dkr. 5000) from the Miðlahúsið 7th March 2008.
- Received Granskingargávu Sparikassans (Recearch prize of the Faroese Savings bank) - Dkr. 50.000. 29th August 2002 The prize was given to two selected Faroese researchers on the Banks 170 years anniversery.
- Delivered 12th September 2002 an Upprit viðvíkjandi nýggjum heitum til føroysk landsstýrisumboð og miðfyrisitingina sum heild (Note regarding new names for Faroese Ministers and the Government Administration as such – requested by and written to the Føroya Landsstýri, Nýskipanardeildin (The Faroese Government, Department of reorganization)
- Participate regularily in different programmes on the National Radio & TV