Application for enrolment in the full Master’s programme
To be considered eligible for enrolment, applicants must submit documentation of the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences; or
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 60 ECTS points within Social Sciences areas including the Bachelor thesis; or
• Equivalent qualifications and at least three years’ professional experience related to the area of West Nordic governance and/or sustainable management; and
English skills* equivalent to Faroese Upper Secondary Diploma with B-level or Upper Secondary Diploma with B-level
or TOEFL (at least 550 points on the paper-based test or 80 points on the Internet-based test) or IELTS (at least 6.0); and
* Non native English speakers.
Other documents to be submitted with the application:
- Letter of intent (maximum 500 word essay); and
- Curriculum Vitae in English (maximum two A4 pages); and
- Copy of passport (valid for the duration of the whole stay in the Faroe Islands* and other partner countries (does not apply to Faroese applicants) ; and
- Letters of recommendation from supervisor, teacher, or employer if relevant (maximum two).
Educational and equivalent qualifications must be obtained before enrolment in mid August, in which case the application must contain documentation of planned completion, and documentation of completion must be sent as soon as possible.
* See the webpage of the Faroese Immigration Office for further information.
There is no tuition fee for Faroese, Nordic, and EU/EEA students.
Other international students are required to pay a yearly tuition fee amounting to 40.000 DKK.
Payment for each year must be received by the university before 1 September. More information will be sent directly to successful applicants.
Financial support and scholarships:
The university is able to provide students with some financial support for the extra travelling and living expenses connected with the mandatory exchange stays at other universities. Read about Travel Scholarships, provided by the University HERE.
More information will also be sent directly to successful applicants.
Applicants are advised to contact their national authorities and private funds for further options.