Application for individual courses for one semester
Individual courses will be open to exchange students. Each course will have a maximum of 35 available seats including the taught master’s students. Applicants are prioritised as follows:
West Nordic Studies, Governance and Sustainable Management students from the University of the Faroe Islands.
West Nordic Studies, Governance and Sustainable Management students from partner universities.
Other master’s students from the University of the Faroe Islands.
Other master’s students from Nordic universities.
Other master’s students (international exchange students).
- Application deadline for spring semester, 1 October 2017 at the latest.
- All international applications must be received Wednesday, 1 February 2018 at the latest.
- All Faroese and Nordic applications must be received Monday, 1 May 2018 at the latest.
Students already accepted to the Master’s programme in West Nordic Studies, Governance and Sustainable Management at a partner university must submit the following:
• Copy of exam results; and
• Letter of intent (maximum 500 word essay) ; and
• Prioritised list of individual courses applied for.
For all other applicants, to be considered eligible for enrolment in individual courses for one semester, applicants must submit documentation of the following qualifications:
• a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences; or
• a Bachelor’s degree with at least 60 ECTS points within Social Sciences areas including the Bachelor thesis; or
• Equivalent qualifications and at least three years professional experience related to the area of West Nordic governance and/or sustainable management; and
• English skills* equivalent to Faroese gymnasialt B-niveau or TOEFL (at least 550 points on the paper-based test or 80 points on the Internet-based test) or IELTS (at least 6.0); and
* Non native English speakers.
Other documents to be submitted with the application:
• Proof of enrolment in a Master’s programme*.
• Letter of intent (maximum 500 word essay); and
• Curriculum Vitae in English (maximum two A4 pages); and
• Copy of passport (valid for the duration of the whole stay in the Faroe Islands (does not apply to Faroese applicants)** ; and
• Letters of recommendation from supervisor, teacher, employer if relevant (maximum two).
Educational and equivalent qualifications must be obtained before enrolment in mid August, in which case the application must contain documentation of planned completion, and documentation of completion must be sent as soon as possible.
* Except for Students applying for a remaining seat through Clearing
** See the webpage of the Faroese Immigration Office for further information.
There is no tuition fee for Faroese, Nordic, and EU/EEA students and for exchange student from WNS partner universities.
International students and Students applying for a remaining seat through Clearing are required to pay tuition fee amounting to 6.500 DKK per 10 ECTS course.
Payment for courses must be received by the university before 1 September.